On Sunday September 17, I will be hosting a Plein Air Painting Workshop for the First Timer
Unlike being in a studio, painting plein-air can seem daunting. You’re all set up, ready to go and have no idea how to start.
In this three hour session you will learn techniques to help you select a scene, create a thumbnail and paint a monochromatic painting.
September 17 – 11-2pm (Meet in parking lot at 10am)
To sign up or for information email email@example.com. Write Plein Air workshop in the subject line.
Supply list for the Plein Air workshop
• Pochade box with tripod, French easel – if you don’t have you can bring a little table, yet it is much better to paint standing up
• Small drawing pad and large black marker
• Colours Titanium white (for oil and acrylic), burnt or raw umber and ultramarine blue or black
• Pastellists bring a 5 value range of white grey black
• Water, linseed oil, odourless mineral spirit (I have extra OMS if you do not have)
• Supports (2-4 canvas 8×10, 9×12 or paper depending on medium)rags, gloves for oil painters
Also remember to bring snacks, drinking water, sun hat (sunglasses affect your painting), sun block and wear layers in case it gets cool.
I hope you can join me!
Follow my Creative Journey
Receive my Art Blog directly to your in-box.